Do you also love eating fruits?
And how often do you eat fruits?
Do you know that it's good for you to eat fruits everyday? Why?
- Fruits are low in calories and fat and are a source of simple sugars, fiber, and vitamins, which are essential for optimizing our health.
- Fruits provide plenty of soluble dietary fiber, which helps to ward of cholesterol and fats from the body and to get relief from constipation as well.
- Fruits contain many anti-oxidants like poly-phenolic flavonoids, vitamin-C, anthocyanins. These compounds, firstly, help body protect from oxidant stress, diseases, and cancers, and secondly, help body develop capacity to fight against these ailments by boosting our immunity level. Many fruits, when compared to vegetables and cereals, have very high anti-oxidant values which is something measured by their "Oxygen Radical Absorbent Capacity" or ORAC.
- Anthocyanins are flavonoid category of poly-phenolic compounds found in some "blue fruits" like blue-black grapes, mulberries, acai berry, chokeberries, blueberries, blackberries, and in many vegetables featuring blue or deep purple color. Eating fruits rich in blue pigments offers many health benefits. These compounds have potent anti-oxidant properties, remove free radicals from the body, and thus offer protection against cancers, aging, infections etc. These pigments tend to concentrate just underneath the skin.
- Fruit’s health benefiting properties are because of their richness in vitamins, minerals, micro-nutrients, anti-oxidants which helps body prevent or at least prolong the natural changes of aging by protecting and rejuvenating cells, tissues and organs in the human body. The overall benefits are manifold! Fruit nutrition benefits are infinite!
Plus citrus fruits like oranges, grapefruit, and lime are good for your skin complexion!
Here are some of my favorite fruits..
1. Watermelon.. it's perfect for summer! I love eating watermelon to the extent that I can consume a whole! :D
|Watermelon-Yogurt Ice Cream|
2. Papaya.. :D Many people believes that papaya's can lighten your skin and can help remove wrinkles..
If you want to know more about the Health Benefits you can get from papaya just like here.
3. Mangoes! Philippines' National Fruit..
|My favorite mango smoothie!|
|Fresh Mango Fruit|
|Mellow Ripe Mango..|
And I am now drooling!
4. Orange specifically sweet orange. Which is a hybrid ancient cultivated between pomelo and mandarin!
|The Annoying Orange!|
HAHA! Orange is no really annoying just this one. :P
Didn't you notice that I love juicy fruits, did you? ^^
Let's beat the heat of the summer the fruity way!